Monday, September 16, 2013

Plaza 10K

Guess whaaat??? 


I did it! I ran an entire 10K for the very first time!!!! 


It was an absolutely glorious morning.


And, I'm still alive and kickin'!


I had two goals on mind. One- finish without walking.. check. And two- to run it in less than an hour (not super lofty for all you running buffs)-double check!

My average pace was 9:22 min/ mile. I have to say it was not easy. The first few miles were fun and then the real challenge began.. Although I wish I could have been faster I am proud just for the fact that I finally forced myself to train for something and then accomplish it. It feels good. A few years ago I started to "train" for a 10K and frivolously gave up the idea  after I realized it would take more discipline then what I was ready for. I'm glad that I've come full circle. I feel that discipline is necessary for everyone, especially when times get tough. It gives you confidence in what you do as well as the ability to enjoy it for what it is. Even if you can't control how you feel about certain parts of your life at times, discipline allows you to take pride in something that you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment